Now, I know everyone is drooling over the site of delicious pizza, but there is a food war to be determined! Which city holds the title for the better pizza?
Pizza is a delicious and savory delicacy and can be eaten on the run, or in a timely matter if chosen. Eat it while watching the football game or go gourmet and get some fancy toppings.
But, these two cities have a rep of having very well known cheese and sauce on bread.
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza:
- Invented at Pizzeria Uno in 1943.
- Has a buttery crust that is a few inches tall.
- Large amounts of cheese and chunky tomato sauce.
- It is nothing like the original Italian pizza.
New York styled Pizza:
- Originated in the early 1900s.
- Resembles the pizza style of Naples, Italy.
- It is a wide, thin and foldable slice.
- Hand tossed and usually light on the sauce and cheese.
I have to say, I am a HUGE fan of pizza and I love them both. What is your favorite kind of pizza: Chicago or New York style?